Nicolas O’Connor, an Associate at Katz Banks Kumin, joined the firm in October 2020.
In addition to his work on general employment matters, Mr. O’Connor’s practice has focused on whistleblower matters involving the financial services industry, both traditional and emerging, including FinTech and cryptocurrency companies. Mr. O’Connor regularly evaluates and prepares whistleblower tips for both the SEC and CFTC whistleblower programs, among others.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. O’Connor worked as a Summer Associate at an Am Law 200 firm in New York, where he worked on immigration, gender-based violence, and bankruptcy matters.
Mr. O’Connor received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center in 2020. He is a member of the District of Columbia bar.
- Nicolas Enrique O’Connor, “The Pitfalls of Litigating in the Court of Public Opinion.” The Legal Intelligencer (March 10, 2022)
- Nicolas O’Connor and Alexis Ronickher, “Heightened Eye on Cryptocurrency Could Boost Whistleblowing.” Bloomberg Law (February 17, 2022)
- Nicolas O’Connor and Alexis Ronickher, “Whistleblowers can protect crypto and DeFi.” TechCrunch (January 28, 2022).
- Nicolas E. O’Connor and Carolyn L. Wheeler, “The Criminal Antitrust Anti-Retaliation Act: An excellent – but flawed – step forward.” Westlaw Today (April 5, 2021).
- Nicolas Enrique O’Connor, “The ‘Insurmountable Textual Obstacle’: A Narrow Interpretation of the Federal Arbitration Act.” Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics (Fall 2019).