Careers with Katz Banks Kumin
Legal Administrative Assistant
Katz Banks Kumin LLP, a boutique employment and whistleblower law firm in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, CA, and Philadelphia, PA, seeks to hire a Legal Administrative Assistant in its Washington, D.C. office. The firm specializes in employment discrimination, sexual harassment, whistleblower, wage and hour, and civil rights matters. (You can learn more about our firm and practice areas by going to our website: https://katzbanks.com/.) The firm will provide the selected candidate with training for the expected job tasks.
Primary Job Duties
- Greeting clients and other guests at the Firm’s front desk
- Answering phones
- Scheduling appointments and responding to inquiries
- Receiving and distributing mail and other deliveries to the Firm
- Compiling client materials
- Finalizing and sending correspondence
- Processing payments
- Other office administrative support tasks as needed
- Maintaining the common areas of the office
Desired Skills and Experience
Candidate must have at least two years of experience in a comparable position or a college degree.
The candidate must be highly organized, attentive to detail, comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment, and able to communicate consistently with professionalism with current or potential clients and other individuals contacting the Firm.
Due to the nature of these duties, this position cannot be performed remotely, and requires presence in the office on days when the Firm is open for business.
We are looking to hire immediately, but have some flexibility around start date.
Base compensation starting at $24 an hour. Salary may be adjusted based on experience. This is a non-exempt position eligible for overtime.
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer retirement contribution
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with the subject line “DC Legal Admin Assistant” and addressed to Sharon McGowan. No phone calls please.